|Reports to:||School Administrator|
|Bargaining Unit:||USEP INS|
|Job Code:||6200, 6201, 6202, 6204, 6205|
|Salary Schedule:||22B, 56N*|
Responsible for performing advanced bookkeeping and clerical activities and providing general office support. This includes posting, classifying, computing, comparing, and filing financial data to process and maintain financial records in accordance with established procedures. This position works independently under general supervision.
1. Maintain and update internal accounts, ensuring that cash and other funds are received, balanced, deposited and/or disbursed according to district, state, and federal guidelines.
2. Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports, including Balance Sheet, Revenue & Expense Statement, Project Manager Report, revenue and disbursement detail reports, and other related program reports.
3. Assist teachers and staff with financial activities to ensure all processes are carried out according to district procedures and policies.
4. Coordinate and process purchases, including inputting all purchase requests, tracking purchase orders, receipting and distributing materials to appropriate departments upon arrival, reconciling expenditures, and assisting staff with proper purchasing procedures.
5. Manage P-Card transactions, including collecting and scanning receipts, verifying coding, and ensuring compliance with district procedures.
6. Assist with development and preparation of the school’s district budget, including grants and other sources, and monitor the budget on a regular basis.
7. Provide general office support, including answering phones, preparing correspondence, scheduling, maintaining, and ordering supplies, receiving and distributing mail, greeting and assisting visitors, and other related activities necessary for the front office to function efficiently.
8. Perform and/or provide backup for HR functions including new hire paperwork and workers’ compensation documentation.
9. Perform and/or provide backup for Payroll functions including time entry and leaves ensuring payroll deadlines are met.
10. Provide backup for school operations as necessary, including but not limited to clinic duty, bus supervision and cafeteria duty.
11. Utilize a variety of software programs to complete responsibilities within prescribed deadlines.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk and hear; stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoors and Outdoors: The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be established by the District.
Performance of the job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Pasco County Schools will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions of the job when such individuals request an accommodation.