|Reports to:||Site-based Administrator/ECP Supervisor|
|Typical Schedule:||180 days|
|Bargaining Unit:||USEP SRP|
Responsible for delivery of appropriate childcare and support for school readiness skills to children in the Head Start program, including the provision of comprehensive services to ensure compliance with state, federal and local regulations.
1. Assist with supervision of children to ensure required adult child ratios; may require staff to provide support in multiple classrooms.
2. Assist, support, and monitor individual and/or small groups of children as directed by and under the supervision of the teacher.
3. Assist with preparation and implementation of lesson plans for children based on individual needs to support the development of school readiness skills.
4. Assist with the delivery of services to children and families in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
5. Assist with the administration of appropriate screening and assessment tools designed to measure and observe student progress.
6. Assist with children’s personal and self-care needs (toileting, changing diapers, feeding, etc.).
7. Assist with family engagement opportunities supporting parent volunteers.
8. Assist with effective utilization of media and technology in the classroom.
9. Assist with maintaining a safe classroom environment conducive to effective learning and care.
10. Assist with maintaining accurate records.
11. Attend required state, federal, and district trainings including topics related to curriculum, childhood health and safety, and child supervision.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk and hear; stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoors and Outdoors: The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be established by the District.
Performance of the job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Pasco County Schools will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions of the job when such individuals request an accommodation.