|Reports to:||Manager, Technology and Information Services|
|Typical Schedule:||245 days/7.5 hours|
|Bargaining Unit:||USEP SRP|
Responsible for the technical operation of a variety of computer systems and the coordination of all computer processing schedules and operations, including the administrative support requirements for the operation of the computer center.
1. Schedule updates and processes for all computer applications to ensure they meet current business standards and best practices.
2. Monitor the operations of all host computer systems and peripheral hardware to ensure they remain within the proper functional parameters.
3. Recommend and develop improved procedures by continually evaluating computer operations to make sure they conform to established guidelines, policies, and best practices.
4. Coordinate with data entry operators and help desk staff to ensure accurate and timely processing cycles.
5. Assist in providing security and confidentiality for the data maintained by the department as required by local, state, and federal regulations.
6. Monitor job logs to ensure completion of routine program runs.
7. Establish and monitor an effective backup system schedule for local and remote storage and for the archival of all systems data as required by district policy and agency requirements.
8. Maintain procedure manuals, computer processing run logs, and other required documents to comply with local, state and federal requirements.
9. Monitor systems for performance, capacity, and availability to ensure efficient use of resources and effective output of various systems.
10. Maintain adequate inventories of all computer forms, magnetic media, and other supplies.
11. Monitor the computer room environment to safeguard the operational requirements of power backup, air conditioning, and other support systems and equipment.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of computer systems, hardware, and software configurations
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 100 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoors and Outdoors: The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be established by the District.
Performance of the job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Pasco County Schools will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions of the job when such individuals request an accommodation.