|Reports to:||School Administrator|
|Typical Schedule:||245 days/7.5 hours|
|Bargaining Unit:||USEP SRP|
Responsible for assisting with processing federal, state, and institutional financial aid funds and services for postsecondary students.
1. Assist students with the financial aid application process, and inform them of their financial obligation, the institution’s financial options, and financial policies and procedures as related to their education expense.
2. Assist with processing financial aid applications and related documentation for determination of eligibility. Assist with the financial aid process to ensure quality processing of student files and accurate processing of funds in compliance with applicable federal and state regulations.
3. Enter student tracking data into financial aid software systems for federal, state and local awards. Monitor students’ finance activities to ensure timely file processing, billing, funding and collections. Prepare excel spread sheets for financial aid processing and appropriate disbursement of funds.
4. Update and maintain information regarding new and continuing student enrollment and satisfactory academic progress for students.
5. Complete requests from official agencies relative to student aid information. Assist with providing documentation for federal, state and district audits. Assist with compiling federal, state and VA financial aid expenditure reports.
6. Initiate requisitions for educational credits and student refunds.
7. Interact with district and school staff to verify the complete disbursement of awards and reconcile numerous financial records with Common Origination Disbursement (COD).
8. Assist with the development of school’s policies and procedures for financial aid that comply with local, state and federal guidelines.
9. Complete reports to comply with federal, state, local and VA reporting requirements, including recertification applications, Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Gainful Employment, National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and consumer information.
10. Proactively review financial aid programs to increase funding amounts and types.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk and hear; stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoors and Outdoors: The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be established by the District.
Performance of the job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Pasco County Schools will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions of the job when such individuals request an accommodation.