|Reports to:||Director of Employee Relations|
|Typical Schedule:||245 days/7.5 hours|
Responsible for investigating complaints against School Board employees and preparing documentation of investigations and follow-up activities; assisting the Director of Employee Relations with contract administration and managing employee problems by acting as a liaison between management and employees; preparing documents, case materials, and other data for disciplinary and unemployment hearings; and preparing reports and other documentation, as necessary.
1. Investigate and assist in responding to concerns related to employee misconduct, employee performance concerns, Board policy violations, violations of the Code of Ethics and Principles of Professional Conduct, and other violations of law directly related to the employee/employer relationship.
2. Provide assistance to administrators in matters related to employee evaluation, performance concerns, and behavioral concerns.
3. Assist in the preparation of recommendations for action related to employee misconduct and/or deficient job performance.
4. Assist in the preparation and delivery of employee performance documentation and employee behavior concern documentation.
5. Assist in the preparation and delivery of required reports to the Florida Educational Practices Commission and the Florida Bureau of Professional Practices.
6. Assist in the administration of negotiated collective bargaining agreements and Board policies as they relate to employee relations and professional standards.
7. Investigate and gather information needed for processing employee grievances and complaints.
8. Investigate and respond to claims for unemployment compensation.
9. Assist in the coordination and implementation of the District’s OTETA and Reasonable Suspicion Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
10. Serve as a liaison between the District and outside investigatory agencies including Child Protective Services, the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office, and other law enforcement agencies.
11. Assist in the development and delivery of training related to employee relations and professional standards.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and / or leg controls require exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk and hear; stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoors and Outdoors: The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be established by the District.
Performance of the job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Pasco County Schools will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions of the job when such individuals request an accommodation.