|Reports to:||Director of Communications and Government Relations|
|Typical Schedule:||245 days/7.5 hours|
Assist in all aspects of support, development, and distribution of communication, district initiatives, and activities utilizing print and electronic media platforms. Assemble, write, and edit information for release to the public and media concerning issues that relate to the district.
1. Lead marketing activities for school choice and educational option programs and track results.
2. Collaborate with various departments for improving the marketing activities for the District.
3. Conduct assessments of the district’s communication and marketing programs and recommend changes when needed.
4. Coordinate with department staff to ensure effective and relevant communication efforts.
5. Assist in the production of written newsletters, press releases, memoranda, and articles.
6. Assist with managing content for the district’s various social media sites and related communication platforms to share relevant information aimed at highlighting students, staff, and district accomplishments.
7. Assist in the day-to-day operations and activities of the department.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, talk and hear; stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoors: The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions. There is protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be established by the District.
Performance of the job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Pasco County Schools will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions of the job when such individuals request an accommodation.