School Health Services
School Entry Requirements

Requirements for the 2023- 2024 School Year


Before entering or attending school in Florida (pre-kindergarten through 12 grade), each child must provide a Florida Certification of Immunization, DH680 documenting that the student has met the following minimum state requirements:

  • Four to Five doses of diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis vaccine (DTP)
  • Three to five doses of the polio vaccine
  • Two doses of measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine (MMR)
  • Three doses of the hepatitis B vaccine
  • Two doses of varicella vaccine (kindergarten effective school year 2001/2002, then each year an additional grade)
  • Seventh Grade or above: In addition to all other compulsory school immunizations, children entering, attending, or transferring to the seventh grade in Florida schools are required to complete one dose of the tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis vaccine (Tdap).

23-24 School Year Entry Requirements 

23-24 School Year Entry Requirements Spanish

School-Based Health Services Dates & Times

Hudson Community Health and Resource Center hours are:
In-Person Visits

Tuesday and Wednesday: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm. ~ Closed 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm for lunch.

Gulfside Elementary Partnership Community School (GEPCS)
In-Person Visits

Thursday 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm

To make an appointment at the above sites please call 352-518-2000 and ask to be seen at either Gulfside or Hudson High School Site.

Pasco Department of Health Clinic Dates & Times:

10841 Little Rd, New Port Richey, FL 34654
➢ Wednesday, August 2nd from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
➢ Wednesday, August 9th from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

13941 15th St., Dade City, FL 33525
➢ Tuesday, August 8th from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
➢ Wednesday, August 9th from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

If you can’t make the dates listed above, call 727-619-0300 and hit option 1 to schedule an appointment.


Recommended Childhood Immunizations Schedule from the (FDOH)

If your student is in the process of completing any necessary immunizations, a medical provider may grant a Temporary Medical Exemption (TME), documented on Form DH 680.

If your student is unable to be fully immunized due to a medical condition, a medical provider must document a Permanent Medical Exemption on Form DH 680 

The County Health Department may issue a religious exemption Form DH 681 if you, as a parent/guardian, or your student have a religious tenet or practice that prohibits your student from receiving the required immunizations.

For any additional information on the different types of exemptions, please go to the Florida Department of Health Website Exemption from Required Immunization.

Additional information on vaccine safety can be found on the Florida Department of Health Website Vaccine Safety.

If you have any questions concerning required immunizations or exemptions, please get in touch with your registered school nurse or school health supervisor.

For more information on immunization and registration requirements for a Pre-Kindergarten or Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten student, please go to the Early Childhood Website.

School Entry Health Examination

Students in pre-kindergarten through 12 grade who are making their initial entry into a Florida school must present a record of a physical examination completed within the past 12 months. The school entry health exam must be completed by a health care provider licensed to perform a physical examination and should be taken to the child's school upon enrollment. Although a specific form is not required, it is recommended that Florida's standardized School Entry Health Exam form (DH3040-CHP-07/2013) be used to document the completion of a physical examination.

For students transferring to a Florida school, a comparable form from another state would also be acceptable if performed by a healthcare provider licensed to perform physical exams and completed within one year before enrollment.

Emergency Cards:

Emergency cards are required to be filled out each school year by a parent/guardian. You can now access your student(s) emergency card through your mystudent parent portal. The first time you access your parent portal at the beginning of each school year or after registering your student for the first time you will be asked to fill out the emergency card and parent consent paperwork.

Additional information on the parent bill of rights can be found on the District School Board of Pasco County's Parent Bill of Rights page.

If you have further questions regarding registering your student or filling out your student's emergency card, please go to the District School Board of Pasco County Website registration page. 

Revised 04/2023